Eight Small Steps for Adapting to Hearing Machine for the Elderly
Language is a high-level nervous activity of human brain, and its reception and cognition are human's active processes. After wearing hearing machine for the old people, the elderly need appropriate training to develop their comprehensive potential, which can overcome the early hearing discomfort and hearing inaccuracy of wearing hearing machine for the old people, improve social communication ability and enhance the hearing aid effect.
1. First of all, we should know that it is difficult for the elderly to hear every word after wearing hearing machine for the old people. As long as they can listen and communicate, they need not achieve 100% speech recognition rate. It is advisable to use a close range (less than 1M) to lower the voice of the language.
2. Resolution and patience are the guarantees of good hearing aids. Start by talking face to face with your family at home. The voice of your family should be slow and clear. The sentences should be simple and easy to understand, patient and friendly, so that the old people feel warm. When you understand 80% of the conversation, you can improve your speaking speed. Be careful not to let the elderly tired, do not talk with the elderly for a long time.
3. Because of the difference between the sound of hearing aids and the original sound, it is necessary to adapt to it for a period of time and start wearing it for 1-2 hours a day. Gradually increase the wearing time within 3 months. After listening to your own voice and outdoor voice, you can talk with more people until you wear it all day.
4. The deafness of the elderly is in a "quiet" state for a long time. Once the hearing machine for the old people are put on, they can not adapt to the outside world once they hear all kinds of voices. Therefore, it is not suitable to touch the noisy environment at once. We should first use hearing aids in quiet environment and then contact the noisy environment after adapting. At the same time, we should learn to concentrate on what we want to listen to again, and separate what we want to listen from the background sound.
5. When you first wear hearing aids, you should listen to your own voice louder than when you listen to the outside world. Sometimes you can't even hear your own voice. You should practice reading aloud and control your pronunciation every day.
6. The longer the time of hearing loss, the more the function of listening in noisy environment will be lost. It is necessary to learn this ability again.
7. When talking to a large number of people, listen to only one speaker and approach him as close as possible. Don't be shy of asking for close conversation with others.
8. After a period of training, listen to the radio and television broadcasts, because these duplicate sounds are unnatural and fast, as long as you understand the content of the speech.
In addition to the above-mentioned methods, we should integrate listening, comprehension, attention, interest and visual information to analyze and apply them in communication. If necessary, ask others to speak slowly so as to bring into full play the potential of the cerebral cortex.