Selection and Matching Process of Hearing Machine for the Older People
Long-term tinnitus, loud TV but still inaudible, these phenomena may be early manifestations of senile deafness. 80% of the elderly have no intervention after hearing impairment, which eventually leads to the gradual increase of deafness. Deafness in the elderly can make the elderly more lonely, cause psychological trauma, slow reaction and mental decline. Research shows that there is a positive correlation between senile deafness and brain atrophy and senile dementia. With the decline of hearing and the abandonment of hearing function, it may aggravate atrophy and Alzheimer's disease coming ahead of time. Therefore, we should go to the hospital to check the situation and match the old hearing aids if necessary.
1. InterrogationThe elderly themselves go to the hearing aid testing center for consultation; the hearing aid tester collects information about their medical history, wearing history, treatment history and so on.
2. Examination of external auditory canalThe matchmaker examined the ears of the elderly with otoscopy to check the external auditory canal and tympanic membrane. If the external auditory canal is blocked by cerumen (commonly known as ear droppings), the ear canal should be cleaned first.
3. Listening testTo carry out the hearing test, because it is a subjective test, the elderly need to be in a good mental state and be able to cooperate with the audiometer to complete the audiometry work.
4. Analysis of listening situationThe audiogram was obtained after the test. The auditor explained the content of the audiogram to the elderly or their family members. For example, the degree of hearing loss, the type of hearing loss, whether hearing aids can be tested, and what kind of hearing aids can be selected.
5. Debugging and auditing hearing aidsHearing machines recommended by the auditor. The auditor adjusts the hearing machine for the old peolpe according to the hearing of the elderly. The old people put on the hearing aids in the debugging process and feel the hearing effects of the hearing aids. At this time, the matchmaker can adjust the hearing aids according to the old man's actual listening sensation until the old man wears them comfortably and listens clearly.
6. Choosing hearing aidsWhen the elderly are satisfied with hearing aids, they can choose the appropriate shape of hearing aids, such as ear back or invisible inner ear, according to their hearing and their own needs. If you choose ear-back hearing aid, you can take it home immediately. If you choose the invisible hearing aid, you need to take the ear impression, customized, and then go to the matching center to pick up the machine on the day you choose. Customized in-ear hearing aids need to be re-debugged before taking off the machine, until satisfactory, they can be taken home for use.
7. Guiding the use of hearing machinesAfter choosing suitable hearing machine for the older people, the tester instructs the elderly to use the hearing aids, to change the battery, to moisturize the hearing aids at home, and to better adapt to the methods of hearing aids. Older people who wear hearing aids for the first time will feel foreign bodies in their ears and need an adaptation period of one to three months.
JH-D18 Super Power Hearing Aid
JH-D19 Waterproof Hearing Aid
JH- D26 Rechargeable BTE Hearing Aid
JH-A17 CIC Hearing Aid
JH- A39 Rechargeable BTE Hearing Aid
JH-115 Analog BTE Hearing Aid Hearing Amplifier
JH-D16 Dolphin Hearing Aid